1. Recognize the benefits of funeral rituals and their importance to survivors.
2. Discuss the function of the funeral within the grieving process.
3. Describe the steps in the funeral process, including time frames for each step.
4. Identify the Funeral Director’s role and the resources a Funeral Director can provide.
5. Communicate to families, basic information on funeral options and costs.
6. Offer families objective information to assist them in funeral preparation and planning.
Jeff DeWitt is the funeral director at Rosedale Funeral Home.
This program offers 2 category one social work continuing education credits. Hospice of the Panhandle is a WV Social Work Category I CEU provider (490109).
This program is free and open to all who are interested.