Earn a “Master’s Degree” in Jefferson County
Gold Program Sponsor:
State Government Dinner Sponsor:
The primary objective of Leadership Jefferson is to educate current and future community leaders about Jefferson County’s assets, opportunities, and hurdles, in order to strengthen the sense of community and to ensure a prosperous future.
During this 10-month program, participants will develop leadership skills and will hone their leadership abilities through a wide array of education and training sessions delivered by professional trainers, experienced community leaders, and subject matter experts.
Participants will have the opportunity to connect with other like-minded, aspirational leaders forging meaningful relationships that will live well-beyond their Leadership Jefferson experience. Additionally, participants will meet and interact with business owners, influential private citizens, and local and state government officials whom have made an indelible mark on creating a strong community and thriving county!
Leadership Jefferson will meet monthly, starting in September through June. Each meeting (“module”) will have a specific focus and education components from subject matter experts and will include tours, presentations, panel discussions, competitions, challenges, intellectual stimulation, and un and energetic networking opportunities.
Typically, Leadership Jefferson meets on the second Wednesday of each month. Exceptions include the two-day opening retreat in September and the three-day State Government module in Charleston, West Virginia scheduled at the beginning of the year. Participants will receive ample advance notice of the final dates for the State Government module, typically held in February.
Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce Members: $1,075
- Non-refundable deposit of $400 due upon acceptance of applicant
- Balance due no later that the start of the opening retreat
- Non-refundable deposit of $450 due upon acceptance of applicant
- Balance due no later than the start of the opening retreat
- Lodging during the two-day opening retreat
- Lodging during the three-day State Government module in Charleston
- All meals, activities, transportation, and the graduation banquet for the participant and a guest
ELIGIBILITY & COMMITMENT:
Participants are thoughtfully selected based on a myriad criteria, including the quality of the application and commitment to the program. The success of this program requires that participants attend every module and are fully engaged.
When completing this application, participants should carefully consider their ability to attend monthly sessions for the entirety of the day in which the session is scheduled.
Additionally, participants must commit to:
- Behaving professionally and respectfully at all times.
- This program presents a variety of topics that are prominent (and sometimes controversial) within our community and can elicit emotional and diverse opinions. We strongly encourage diversity of thought, and respectful and thoughtful debates that bring higher levels of awareness, insights, and understanding among one another.
- Being punctual, contribute to the group’s discussions, and actively participate in the class project.
- Being a high integrity representative of Leadership Jefferson.
- Keeping communication transparent and ongoing if and when there are concerns or questions about their experience or other members of the class.
Commonly, applicants are encouraged by their employer (or sponsor) to participate in this program as part of their internal professional development programs. We celebrate that and are very proud of the partnerships the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce has created with employers in Jefferson County.
Selected participants are responsible for the tuition payment, and are encouraged to discuss arranging the tuition payment with their employer. The Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce can receive payment directly from the participant or from their employer.
It cannot be overstated that attendance for all modules are mandatory. Therefore, it is imperative that applicants ensure that their employer supports their commitment to this program and that they are able to take the necessary time away from work.
Occasionally, last-minute issues arise with selected applicants who are no longer able to participate in the program. If the nonrefundable tuition was covered by the employer, the employer is encouraged to discuss their options for a possible replacement with the Leadership Jefferson Chairperson prior to the start of the program.
Please forward your completed application, references, and letter of recommendation via email to Chamber@JeffersonCountyWVChamber.org, by fax #855-420-7009 or by mail to Jefferson County Chamber or Commerce, 44 Trifecta Place, Suite #202, Charles Town, WV 25414.